Common Characteristics of Adult Dyslexia
Hello Brilliant People!
Did you know there are roughly 36 million adults in the United States with dyslexia?
There are also about 16 million teens and kids with dyslexia.
There are some things adults with dyslexia may have issues with in their career.
- Reading fluency and comprehension fluctuates depending upon subject matter.
- Writes with all capital letters, or mixes capital letters within words. Many adults with dyslexia take 200% more time on emails and reports.
- Difficulty with left/right and/or North, South, East, West.
- Finds it difficult to estimate how long a task will take to complete.
- Confusion, stress, physical health issues, time pressure, and fatigue will significantly increase symptoms.
- Reliance on others (assistants, spouses, significant others) for written correspondence.
It is important to know if you are dyslexic as a business owner or employee, so you can weave technology into your day to empower yourself.
Read this webpage to find more characteristics about adults with dyslexia:
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.